Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Practice makes....perfect? Not so much.

We have two days until the Baker show. Alexis is running around, getting everything ready and making sure we won't be missing or lacking for anything. It's possible you might find our kitchen sink in the trailer. Just kidding, Alexis! Really, Alexis has been GREAT. She is ridiculously organized. She has her detailed list, and she's checking it twice. Before I left, she was off to the store to pick up silver yarn for those beautiful horsey braids.

Alexis will make sure we are all prepared, and at least I can rest easy knowing I can look like an idiot while not missing a thing. It is my first Dressage show. I am scheduled to ride the A and B Intro level tests as an Adult Amateur. Do you know who else will be riding the intro tests at the show? Kids. Juniors. It's me--the old lady--and something like 7 youngsters who can't even drive yet, let alone buy beer. Oh, all my friends are getting a wild kick out of it. At least I can provide some entertainment! But hey, you have to start somewhere.

Alexis, on the other hand, will be dashing in her show gear and NOT looking like an idiot. She'll be elegant and composed, yet strong and sure, riding so beautifully it will make everyone cry. Thank GOODNESS she rides after I do!

Pick and Tuck team members will be riding both Saturday and Sunday. Come on out to the Baker Arena in Baker, FL to watch us ride! We're also having a cookout on Saturday night, so come join us! We'll be the group smiling and laughing and having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog