Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time Warp


Horses are magical. They seem to have a power that is beyond any earthly thing. Their presence is healing. How many times have we had a bad day only to have all the negativity vanish the moment we are touching our beloved ponies?

It has been a hard week for me. My mother had heart surgery. My son Matthew had an asthma attack. My son Gabriel is sick. And I have an infection as well. With everything going on, I haven't been able to be at the ranch. I've been keeping up with things through phone calls, and text messaging, and email, but it's not the same thing. These last four days have been excruciating! Alexis asked me at one point, "Do you want me to send you a picture of Sky? My ponies always make me feel better." And you know, looking at their pictures DID make me feel better. But I won't be complete until I have my arms wrapped around Sky's neck or my head resting on Naysa.

It seems that everyone at Forever Sky has been going through some manner of personal difficulty this week. I am grateful that we have our horses for comfort, and I am grateful that we have each other. I am also grateful we have a place we can retreat to when the world gets to be too much.

A horse communicator once came to Forever Sky and told me that the place was built on ancient Indian holy ground, that it was a place blessed with peace, with comfort, with tranquility. I don't know how much I believe that, but I do know that when I enter the ranch property I am suddenly filled with peace. (There also seems to be a time warp on the property, according to my husband. 30 minutes is actually 2 hours. 2hours is actually 5, etc.)

I'm looking forward to that time warp, to getting involved with my horses, my babies, and letting time get away from me. I'm looking forward to letting all the problems in the world vanish as I hop on bareback and ride around the property. I'm looking forward to seeing my Forever Sky family and maybe laughing out loud for the first time in a while. I'm looking forward to Forever Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog